Lamb is an excellent source of zinc – a micronutrient with many essential roles within the male reproductive system including the development of gonads, testosterone production and spermatogenesis (the development of sperm cells within the testes). Zinc also has potent antioxidant properties which help to offset oxidative damage caused within the body by lifestyle and environmental factors such as stress and pollution.
Read more here about eating to boost fertility in men.
- 400g lamb mince
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon smokey paprika
- 2 tablespoon currants
- 2 tablespoon pinenuts
- Small piece of chipotle smoked chilli, finely chopped*
- Handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper, as desired
- Fresh lemon wedges, to serve
1. Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl
2. Once mixture is combined, form into small golf-ball sized balls
3. BBQ or cook on hot griddle pan until cooked through
4. Enjoy with a colourful fresh salad and flatbreads
*If unavailable swap for a small birdseye red chilli